15mar/12

Tessa’s Tips – Colorful Kale Salad

Watch as Chef Tessa prepares “Colorful Kale Salad”
See why she calls it that, uncover her most recent obsession and get the perfect ratio for making any type of salad dressing. Along the way you might also learn a little French, a little Spanish and a lot of Tessa.

Salad

Dressing
2 tb Apple Cider Vinegar
6 tb Olive Oil or Flax Oil
1-2 tsp Salt
2 tb Fresh Fennel Fronds

Chiffonade
(A knife technique used for cutting herbs and leaf vegetables into thin strips or ribbons.)
Pepitas
(Spanish for “little pumpkin seeds”)

16 Responses to Tessa’s Tips – Colorful Kale Salad

1. Christine says:

She i sooo cute!!! I want her for my friend!

We eat the same as Tessa, at this house, and since I learned to make salad dressing from a Frenchman, 20 years ago, have been making it ever since and all 3 kids make their own dressing now, and any grandkids, will too! haha

Anyhow, I loved this video and since we grow kale, can’t wait to make this.

2. Natalie says:

This looks like a very healthy salad!
    Will try i tomorrow (maybe minus a few ingredients, but it will work!)

3. erica says:

you said you put in chopped red onion into the salad and garlic into the dressing, but they are not listed on the ingredients for the recipe. ?? Are they optional?

4. Joyce Senzig says:

This salad sounds wonderful and I will try it. I think it will be low in Weight Watcher’s points, as well. I’m always looking for recipes that are healthy and delicious!

5. david and nancy smith says:

we are starting to use kale more and this caught my eye, very well put together clip with the recipe written out, fun! thank you.

6. Relda says:

I am so excited to try this salad. I love that your can try different things in it. I can hardly wait for the farmers markets to open. I didn’t know about the dark green veg. being more healthy.

7. susi crommes says:

looks yummy can’t wait to try it!

8. Ruth says:

Just love that you have more vegetables for our health!!
    And these vegetables are so yummy too!!!

9. Julie says:

Ooh, that looks so good, I can’t wait to make it myself and try it! I love how versatile it is. Tessa was very entertaining and fun to watch. She seems not at all snobby as a culinary expert.
    Thank you Noodles!

10. Manfred Koehler says:

Dear Chef Tessa: I was most interested in your “Colorful Kale Salad” since I am very partial to salads in my meals.
    Being hard-of-hearing, I found that your voice had a distinct echo and made understanding the words difficult at times. Perhaps that may be the fault of the recording equipment, or even of my hearing aids. I would also suggest a somewhat slower pace in speaking and then not continuing to speak when reaching back to retrieve implements. I wondered why you don`t eat broccoli and if this salad would be appearing on the “Noodles” menu.
    My favorite item on your menu I refer to as “BCS” and that`s all I have to say to some employees in West Bend and they know I mean Bangkok Curry with Shrimp.
    Thanks for your e-mail!

11. Alison Torvik says:

The Colorful Kale Salad looks spectacular! There’s a Noodles right by my house and I don’t like to cook. Any chance this’ll go to the restaurants?

12. Marilyn says:

Kale has iron in it, and many people who are low in iron are looking for foods with iron, so this is a great idea for healthy eating and supporting the need for iron. Thank you.

13. debbie passell says:

kale-licous NEW NAME FOR GREAT SALAD

14. Dana says:

You should consider putting this on your menu! I thought until I went in that it was being added!

15. Jonathan Bryant says:

You rock, Tessa. Favorite chef EVER!