In honor of National Pasta Month, we thought we’d share with you how to cook an awesome pasta recipe for yourself at home! This is similar to our Whole Grain Tuscan Linguine we serve in our restaurants. It’s not exact, but it’s close.
Happy National Pasta Month, folks!
Tuscan tossed Whole Grain noodles with grilled chicken
- 1 lb whole grain linguine cooked al dente
- 3 Roma tomatoes sliced into ½ moons
- 1 red onion cut into julienne strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Bunch Fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 T Olive oil (includes enough to coat the cooked noodles & chicken)
- 1 White wine (white balsamic vinegar optional)
- Salt to taste
- 1 T each fresh chopped basil, oregano, rosemary leaves and Italian parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- ½ T fresh lemon juice
- Shaved Asiago cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, marinated & grilled
- Cook the pasta to al dente chill in ice cold water. Drain then toss with 1 T olive oil and set aside.
- Chop the garlic, cut the tomatoes, slice the onions, de-stem the herbs, chop and set aside.
- Marinate chicken breast with lemon juice, salt, pepper, rosemary leaves & garlic, place in fridge for 30 minutes. Grill just before you prepare the pasta. Let rest, slice and toss into pasta.
To make ze dish:
Put the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Heat pan to hot, but not smoking. Add garlic and onions. You should hear a sizzle. Stir and deglaze with white wine or white balsamic vinegar. Add pasta and chicken, toss to coat with aromatics. Add tomatoes, toss then add fresh spinach. Add herbs, lemon juice and salt & pepper to taste. Place on platter and garnish with shaved Asiago cheese.
Serves 4-6. Enjoy!