Noodles & Company Foundation Giving Fund FAQs
WHAT IS THE MISSION OF THE NOODLES & COMPANY FOUNDATION GIVING FUND?
The Noodles & Company Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity that supports Noodles & Company team members by providing cash grants to assist in handling financial challenges brought on by catastrophic events or emergency hardships.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE THROUGH THE NOODLES & COMPANY FOUNDATION TEAM MEMBER GIVING FUND?
An actively employed Noodles & Company team member as of the hardship event date, or the parent/spouse/domestic partner/child of the Noodles & Company team member.
HOW DOES ONE SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR ASSISTANCE?
An electronic application can be found by clicking HERE. The form must be completed in its entirety and supporting documentation must be sent to [email protected]. The Noodles & Company Selection Committee will review all requests within 48 hours of submission. Time sensitive requests will be reviewed as soon as possible. Nontaxable funds are distributed by check directly to the creditor whenever possible.
WHAT TYPES OF EVENTS QUALIFY TO RECEIVE FUNDS?
Team Members must experience an unavoidable catastrophic event/emergency that is:
- Identifiable: the event or hardship must be described in detail in the application.
- Damaging to property/person: a loss of life, health or property;
- Sudden: the event or hardship must be swift and precipitous, not gradual or progressive
- Unexpected: the event or hardship must be unanticipated, unforeseen, unintended or unplanned, an ordinary, anticipated event caused by deliberate intent will not qualify; and
- Unusual: the event or hardship must be noticeably different from what is generally found or experienced, it cannot normally occur in the ordinary course of day-to-day living.
- If the team member is insured, insurance benefits should either be unavailable or inadequate
Examples of Qualifying Events:
- Unusual medical/dental expenses caused by a severe illness/ accident (including travel expenses);
- Property casualty loss of home or contents due to a catastrophic event (e.g. fire, crime or flood) that is not covered by insurance;
- Unusual expense for the care and training of a handicapped dependent;
- Insurmountable indebtedness occurring for reasons beyond the individual’s control;
- Expenses due to the death of a Noodles team member or a member of a Noodles team member’s immediate family (defined as spouse, domestic partner, child; or a relative that the team member provided more than half of their financial support and vice versa;)
- Emergency housing expenses to prevent or immediately following eviction.
- Expenses due to unforeseen loss or damage to mode of transportation that prevents Noodles team member from working (e.g. fire, accident, theft or need for unanticipated repairs).
- Lack the necessities of life, including financial, physical, mental or emotional well-being, as a result of the catastrophic event or emergency hardship described above.
WHO PROVIDES THE FUNDING TO THE NOODLES & COMPANY FOUNDATION?
Noodles & Company team members from across the country donate to the Noodles & Company Foundation as do others from the community who share a passion for improving the well-being of our team members.
WHO REVIEWS THE APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED FOR ASSISTANCE?
Applications will be approved or rejected by the Noodles & Company Foundation Selection Committee that will consist of at least five Noodles & Company team members, including at least one general manager and one corporate support team member, selected and approved by the Foundation’s Board of Directors.