NOODLES & COMPANY PRIVACY NOTICE
Last Updated on August 1, 2023
At Noodles & Company (“Noodles”, “we”, or “us”), we understand your privacy is important to you and we want to let you know the kinds of information we may gather, why we gather your information, what we use your information for, when we might disclose your information, and how you can manage your information. This privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) is applicable to Noodles’ website located at www.noodles.com (“Site”), mobile applications (“Mobile App”), and online services that link to this Privacy Notice (services, together with the Site and Mobile App, the “Offerings”). This Privacy Notice does not apply to information that you may submit to third-party websites and mobile applications that may be linked to or from the Site or Mobile App. We are not responsible for the actions and privacy policies of these third-party websites and applications.
Please also note that some of our restaurants are owned and operated by franchisees, who are independent from us. This Privacy Notice does not apply to franchisees or to websites or mobile apps that they operate. Please refer to our applicable franchisees’ privacy notices for information on how they collect and use your information.
By using our Offerings, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to the terms of this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site. We may modify the terms of this Privacy Notice from time to time without notice. Your continued use of our Offerings following the posting of changes will mean you accept those changes.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information We Collect from You
We may collect non-personal and personal information about you, personal information meaning information that can uniquely identify you, and other information directly from you when you use the Site, such as when you register for an account, join our rewards program, or access certain features or content. The information we collect about you includes:
• contact information, such as your name, phone number, and email address;
• ordering information, such as your favorite restaurant;
• delivery information, such as your delivery address, which is processed, maintained, and stored by a third-party processor;
• your birthday (month and day) if you are a member of our rewards program;
• demographic information, such as your state and county of residence;
• payment and financial details, such as payment card number, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address, which are processed, maintained, and stored by a third-party processor; and
• login information, such as your username and password.
Collection of Information from Social Media Websites and other Sources
When you interact with any Noodles page or account on a social media platform, we may collect information you make available to us on that page, including your account ID or username. If you choose to log into your Noodles account with or through a social networking service, Noodles and that service may share certain information about you and your activities. With your permission, we also may share information about your activities, including what you view on the Site, with that social network’s users.
We also may collect information about you that we may receive from other sources or from our offline interactions, including our business partners and vendors, our franchisees, or from public sources.
Information We Collect from Website Visitors
We also collect information when users interact with the Offerings. Generally, we collect and store the following types of information:
• demographic data such as age, gender, and ZIP code;
• device information about devices used to access the Site or Mobile App; and
• usage and traffic information such as pages viewed on the Site, the date and time of access, and referring website addresses.
Collection of Your Location Information
You may send us information which may disclose your general location at the time you access the Site or Mobile App. Advertisements and certain content may be directed to you as a result of the collection of this data. In addition, in some cases, the Site can deliver content based on your specific location if you choose to enable that feature.
We may also use web beacons or other technologies to help us better understand how users use our Site, to customize the Site, and provide our users a better Site experience. A web beacon is an invisible graphic on a web page that is programmed to collect information about your use of the Site or Mobile App and your use of other websites.
Some applications and functionality on the Site and Mobile App are provided by third parties. We may enable third parties to collect information in connection with our Site or Mobile App. This Privacy Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of information by third parties on our Site or Mobile App.
We may also use third-party service providers to assist us in providing certain functionality on our Site or Mobile App. For example, when you place an order online, our service provider accepts and submits the order to us, and also processes your payment. We have agreements with our services providers to protect your information; however, their practices may vary from ours. Please review their terms of service and privacy policies before you provide any information to those service providers. If you have any questions about our service providers’ practices, please either contact the service provider directly, or let us know and we will help get your questions answered.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to help us personalize and continually improve your experience in connection with the Offerings. We may use your information in the following ways:
• to provide you with the content, products, and services you request;
• to communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features and enhancements on or to our Offerings;
• to communicate with you about changes to our policies;
• to send you newsletters, offers, promotions, or other communications about our products and services, including special or promotional events;
• to advertise our products and services;
• to administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
• to administer loyalty and rewards programs;
• to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
• to enforce our agreements;
• to improve our menu offerings and operations;
• to protect the rights, safety, health, and security of our customers, our employees, our franchisees, and the general public;
• to confirm your identity or verify you, such as when you make a data subject request to us; and
• to perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses.
We may use your information collected on one portion of the Offerings with information collected on other portions of the Offerings, and we may combine that information into a single record. We may also use or combine information that we collect offline, or we collect or receive from third-party sources to enhance, expand, and verify our records.
We may disclose your non-personal information in any other manner that we deem appropriate. Among other things, we may disclose non-personal information to third parties to help us determine how people use the Offerings and how we can improve the Offerings. We will also disclose non-personal information to our service providers and other third parties about how our users collectively use the Offerings.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with our service providers, affiliates, partners, and other third parties as described below.
Third-Party Service Providers
We have third-party service providers, agents, franchisees, subsidiaries, and affiliates that perform functions on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting, content syndication, content management, technical integration, marketing, analytics, customer service, and fraud protection.
These entities may have access to your information, if needed, to perform their services or functions and will maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information. The service providers are restricted from using, selling, or distributing this information in any way other than to provide the requested services in connection with the Offerings.
We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Offerings. We may also sell certain assets associated with the Offerings. In anticipation of or in such event, we may transfer some or all of your information to an entity acquiring or in anticipation of acquiring all or part of our assets or to another entity with which we have merged or anticipate merging with. Under such circumstances, we would request the acquiring party to follow the practices described in this Privacy Notice. Nevertheless, we cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Privacy Notice.
Law Enforcement, Legal Process, and Emergency Situations
We may also use or disclose personal information if required to do so by law or on the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal requirements; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, the Offerings, or our users; or (c) act to protect the personal safety of us, users of the Offerings, or the public.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your personal information. We may request proof of identity before we disclose your information to you. While we try our best to safeguard your information when we have it, no transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network is 100% secure.
STORING YOUR INFORMATION
The time period for which we keep your information varies according to its intended use. In some cases, there are legal requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement for us to keep the information, we will retain it for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected or for which it is to be further used.
The Offerings is not directed at or intended for children under 13 years of age. Noodles does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide personal information to Noodles. If you are between 13 and 18 years of age, do not provide personal information to Noodles without a parent or guardian’s consent.
If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information and we do not have parental consent, we will promptly delete that child’s information from the Offerings. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Noodles with personal information without parental consent, please notify us immediately at 720-214-1900.
PUBLIC AREAS OF THE SITE OR MOBILE APP
Any information you share in public areas of the Site or Mobile App becomes public and anyone may see your posts. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any private or sensitive information. Noodles does not control who views information that you post in public areas and is not responsible for how third parties may use or disclose information that you post in public areas.
CONTESTS AND PROMOTIONS
When we run a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotion on our Offerings, there will be specific rules that apply to the promotion that will explain how the information you provide in order to participate will be used and disclosed.
NOTICE TO USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
The Offerings is located and directed to individuals in the United States. If you are accessing the Offerings from outside the United States, you do so at your sole risk and are responsible for compliance with all applicable local laws.
If you choose to use the Offerings outside of the United States, you understand and consent to the transfer of your personal information to, and the collection, processing, and storage of your personal information in, the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding personal information may be different than the laws of your state or country.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers From Noodles. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Noodles to promote our own or third-parties’ products or services, you can opt out by following the applicable instructions on the promotion or by sending us an email stating your request to [email protected]. Please note that if you are receiving communications from a Noodle’s franchisee, then you will need to opt out from them directly.
• You may opt out of receiving future email marketing messages and email newsletters from Noodles at any time, by using the “unsubscribe” link found on each of our email communications.
• Do Not Track Signals. Your web browser may let you choose your preference as to whether you want to allow the collection of information about your online activities over time and across different websites or online services. At this time, the services do not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding such collection of your information, and the Site or Mobile App may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice.
• If you have an account with Noodles on or through the Site or Mobile App, you may review and change your information by logging into your account and editing your profile, via email by contacting us at [email protected], by calling 720-214-1900. Please note that we may not be able to delete your personal information without also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change or delete your personal information if we believe doing so would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. If our information practices materially change at some time in the future, we will post the Privacy Notice changes to our Site and Mobile App to notify you of these changes, and we will only use data collected from the time of the Privacy Notice change forward for these new or different purposes. In the event we make a material change to how we use your personal information, we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such new or different use. The date this Privacy Notice was last revised is at the top of this page. You are responsible for periodically reviewing the Site and Mobile App and this Privacy Notice to check for any updates or changes.
If you are a resident of certain states within the United States, you may have additional rights. Please click the relevant state below for state-specific notices regarding these rights.
Copyright © 2016-2023 NOODLES & Company. All rights reserved.